What is the location and phone number of the Kernersville Police Department?
134 E. Mountain Street, Kernersville, NC 27284, (336) 996-3177

How can I file a police report?
If the incident occurred in the Town of Kernersville and is not currently in progress, you can call the non-emergency number (336)996-3177. If it is a crime in progress, please call 911.

I cannot find my report online. What should I do?
If you cannot locate your incident or accident report on this site, please contact our Records Division at (336)996-2366. We will be happy to assist you.

How do I get a copy of the full incident report?
You must obtain a court order signed by a judge.

When requesting a copy of a report, where do I get the case number?
The officer who responds to the call should issue the case number to you or you can contact our Records Division at (336)996-2390.

If I do not have a case number, what information do I need to provide in order to obtain the front page of a report?
Date, type of call, exact address.

How do I obtain a copy of a criminal record check for an individual?
You may visit the Clerk of Superior Court`s Office located in the Forsyth County Hall of Justice, 200 North Main Street, Winston-Salem, NC. The cost of the certified record check is $10.00. You will need the person`s full name (maiden name and so forth) and the person`s date of birth. You may also mail your request to: Clerk of Superior Court Forsyth County Hall of Justice P.O. Box 20099 Winston-Salem, NC 27120-0099 You must include the above information along with a money order or certified bank check for $10.00. Do not send cash or personal checks. For other questions, please call (336)761-2250.

When can I get fingerprinted for a job requirement?
You must live or work in the Town of Kernersville. You also must have a valid North Carolina Drivers License or ID card with your current address on it. Fingerprints may be obtained Monday through Friday from 8:30 am until 4:30 pm. There is a $10.00 fee for each fingerprint card.

If I have a large group that is in need of fingerprinting, can arrangements be made ahead of time to accommodate the group?
Yes. Call ahead and make an appointment with the Public Information Officer (336)996-2294.

Can a minor obtain fingerprints?
Yes, if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and with proper photo identification.

Where do I pay parking tickets?
You may pay parking at the Kernersville Police Department at 134 E Mountain St, Kernersville, NC 27284; or, payment may be mailed to the Kernersville Police Department at P.O. Box 728, Kernersville, NC 27285-0728.

Back To FAQ List

Request in process, please wait...